Friday, May 17, 2013

Separation anxiety

The twoddlers seem to be rounding the corner on the separation anxiety. Hooray!

Sylvia still gets a little upset when we drop her off at the nursery at church, but it now only lasts a few minutes, not the entire hour. One of our favorite caregivers happily reported one Sunday that she played with a little boy! Although, she said that Sylvia told the little boy, my chair, my milk, etc. I'm not entirely sure that falls in my definition of 'playing', but interacting with other kids is good. I think like us, she's a little enamored with Sylvia's speech. I don't really know where she picked up the word 'mi' (my), because it's not something D or I have used with her and it's hard to imagine that the nanny has used it with her. But, it was inevitable. Both of the kids are talking (well, saying words) and singing and it's SO adorable.

They are also MUCH better when we leave in the mornings for work. They give us kisses goodbye and keep on with their playing or reading with the nanny. Ahhhhhh. We even left them with a babysitter last night, someone who has sat for us before, but not someone they see often and it was a breeze. I think it's easier that it's in our house, which is comfortable for them, but it's just really nice to be able to leave the room and they not break down wailing.

They just keep growing up before our eyes!

No comments: