Monday, May 12, 2014

some picky eater

We have a slight obsession for a salsa-dip thing here called Creamy Jalapeño. It's essentially ranch dressing with cilantro and jalapeños. And it's a little spicy.

Tonight I served the kids dinner. And for at least 2 of the items on his plate, our typically picky son stated that he likes them before sitting down.

And then I gave them a few tortilla chips, which I, of course, was dipping in the spicy Creamy J. Seeing what I was doing, Rafa asked for some, too. Which he usually does and then when I get close with the new thing, he changes his mind.

Shockingly, this time there was no changing his mind. Even when his eyes were watering and his face was red, he kept going back for more. It's a small victory that we can now add one more thing to the Rafa-approved list of foods.



No comments: