Friday, September 25, 2015

single mom

D is off to China for a business trip.  Thank goodness for modern technology!


I was a little nervous about a month ago about having the kids all to myself for a couple weeks. But, as it got closer, I got more confident that it's not a big deal. It certainly helps that the twins are getting more and more independent. They are much more helpful with all the 'tasks' and change their clothes themselves, potty themselves, buckle themselves in the car...  It's amazing how much each act of independence reduces my exhaustion. 

Everything was going well until day 2. Less than 48 hours in and S got the stomach bug. I guess it was too much to hope that we could make it 2 weeks at the beginning of school without a sick kid. It did mean that I had one of the easiest and earliest bedtimes in a long time!  But then I had to go back in when she got sick again. So, not entirely sure it's a victory. 

Please pray for quick healing, that the other Vassariños (and I!) don't catch it, and a safe and successful trip for D!



No comments: