Thursday, February 18, 2016

evening walks

With all the talk about ADHD, screen time and kids' play time, I admittedly worry a little about whether the kids get out and about enough. We used to walk at least for a little every evening after dinner. Now that it's dark early (and because I'm usually wiped out tired, let's be real), we've fallen off that wagon. So, yesterday when I came home, I asked the kids if they wanted to go for a walk with me BEFORE dinner. How revolutionary!  It was wonderful. We decided to head to campus, and picked up Papi along the way. The kids preferred their scooters to walking, which actually keeps the pace up a little, a good thing. It was a lovely, early evening adventure. 


Can you see O, our runaway?  This is a benefit of campus, he can get quite far without my getting too nervous. The twins were not runners, and are very good at not going into the street, so I don't worry about them much. O, not so much. So, this was a good exercise for me in trust and for him in independence. He waved to all the passersby and I'm certain he thoroughly enjoyed his freedom. I was glad he came back without my having to chase after him. 


Unfortunately, the twilight epiphany was closed for the day. But, just a good reason to go back again!


Sibling love. That is all. 

No comments: