Saturday, July 30, 2016

art appreciation

I enjoy visual art. As long as I can remember, I have. Checking out art with the Vassariños is even more fun. 

While away on our summer vacay, we had the opportunity to take our kids to see all kinds of fabulous art. Gaudi, Picasso, Dali, they had some really wonderful experiences. Since their humor is primarily focused on the unexpected, the wacky, these artists were perfect. We saw some really wacky stuff. 

And I enjoyed the experience more with them by my side. Seeing art through the eyes of kids is incredible.  And telling them about what influenced the artists and trying to understand how that affected their art helped me engage in the art more than silently observing, slowly following the patron in front of me through the rooms. 

So, upon our return, one of the first things we did was visit a local art museum focused on regional artists, Lawndale, run by our dear friend. It's show did not disappoint, with many wacky things that the kids loved. 

They also have a fun mural wall that is great for photos. 





And since the kiddos now enjoy taking pics, I even have evidence that I was there!  I exist again!

No comments: