Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Good Rabbits

Went to the main doc this week.  He confirmed that baby B is a boy and I saw the goods to prove it.  Baby A was really shy and wouldn't show anything, so he couldn't confirm the other doc's statement that baby A is a girl.  He did say, "I think it's a girl because she's being very shy and hiding and boys don't have any problem showing off their stuff!"  I don't think that's scientifically sound, but there you go.

Assuming we have a boy and a girl, we will be having "good" twins.  In Chinese, the character for woman or girl is:


and the character for son or boy is:

If you put the two characters together, you get the character for good:

So, boy/girl twins are good!

Since this is the year of the rabbit, we're having (assuming Baby A is in fact a girl) good rabbits!  

If you've noticed a little hesitation in my embracing of Baby A being a girl, it's based on history.  When my sis was preggo, her doc was convinced she was having a girl based on the ultrasound.  All the ladies in Mexico (and a few latinas I showed pics to of my preggo sis) were all convinced that she was having a boy by the way she was carrying the baby.  As it turned out (but not after many friends had bought adorable girly gifts), Alessandra was really Alejandro.  So, I'm leaving the door open in my mind that it might be two boys, just in case.


Ours being the second set of rabbit twins in the Gee family this year, we are certainly living up to the sign!

1 comment:

eyrieowl said...

Rabbits rule, others drool!