Wednesday, November 9, 2011

happy 2 months ain't so happy

Dr. Sari ordered up some shots for the Vassarinhos' 2 month birthday. It was quite the experience for kids and parents. D was in charge of Rafael and I took Sylvia. Of course today would be the day that I fail to pack pacifiers in the diaper bag.

Nobody told me my babies would turn purple! That's how hard they screamed. Poor guys. Somehow, though, it didn't bother me as much as the screaming at home does. Maybe because I expected it and know the cause and know it will end. Or maybe because I have more of a stomach for it during the day and most of the screaming at home is at night. I also got one of my first tests in dealing with two upset babies. I guess this I'd what they'll be like when they get sick. This is the only way I could get them calm:


I'm not sure how I'll get up again...

And since you can't see the adorable outfits decorated at our shower by Heather, I took this earlier.




2 comments:

eyrieowl said...

i think the infant shots aren't so bad, it's when they get a just a little older and look at you with tears in their reproachful eyes which say, "How could you let them HURT me!!??" that it gets a little difficult.

and yes, very cute outfit. :)

Teresa said...

As soon as the dr. gave her the shot, Alessandra would just open her eyes as wide as she could, open her mouth, and for about 8seconds no noise would come out, but at the 9th second...."get your earplugs"!!!!!