Thursday, November 3, 2011

social smiling!

I have been looking forward to the 'social' smile for a long time, now. It's the smile that unmistakably is not because of gas or dreams, but responding to the environment. Sylvia, for all her wailing, is our smiler. She has always smiled more in her sleep. She also focuses her eyes more intently, so I figured she'd be the first to smile to me. It became a self fulfilling prophecy because I probably have tried harder with her, too, since it always felt like we were on the verge. She has smiled to a few people, D, Oma, Candy. It's hard to know if those smiles were responsive or not. Today, however, was for sure a social smile. I was trying to get lunch and twins decided they were hungry, too, so they both started wailing. Rafa took a pacifier, so I could tend to Sylvia who only calms in arms once she's gone haywire. While screaming, I naturally was smiling to try to calm her and she stopped crying to smile!!



1 comment:

Teresa said...

Que linda!!!! Doesn't that melt your heart away!!