Thursday, May 31, 2012

like parents, like children

Every parent's dream is that their child comes out with all their good qualities and none of their bad. Watching the twinfants grow, I'm more convinced of the strength of nature in the v nurture debate. I used to think that we were born with tendencies, but nurture had significant influence on our lives. I now think that I have really underestimated the power of nature. I still think nurture plays a big role, but also respect the genetic influence more.

One thing it looks like the kiddos have inherited from their parents is seasonal allergies. David and I both suffer from them and are now suffering from the kids having them. Sylvia was so congested last night, she couldn't breathe through her nose. Poor thing. Rafa hasn't had quite the nose congestion, but perhaps the itchy eyes. Either that or he's really tired all the time. Which isn't out of the question. But, you know, when a parent suspects an ailment in their child, they will start noticing that their child has all the symptoms.

I think the twinfants haven't dodged this bullet, but hopefully they can avoid their mom's coke bottle glasses.



No comments: