Tuesday, September 25, 2012

libros

D and I LOVE reading. We haven't had much time to dedicate to books without pictures lately, however.  But, we are super pleased with how much the twinfants enjoy books.

Since we are doing the bilingual thing, I think it's even more important that they hear lots of language. We've heard they might start speaking later because of it, but they'll catch up quickly and once they sort it all out will have better language skills because of it. Nevertheless, I know it will be somewhat frustrating for me to have to wait longer for them to talk. So, in the back of my head every day is the recommendation that we read with the twinfants at least 30 minutes every day. We definitely don't achieve that every day, but it's nice to have a benchmark to aim for.

I'm certain I would be a basket case if they didn't like books, but fortunately, they snuggle right on up and jump into the new and exciting worlds that books unleash. Well, at least they look at the pictures.





No comments: