Sunday, September 29, 2013

welcome to school

Things seem to be getting better for Oscar's tummy and for a couple days now, we're just getting up for nighttime feedings. Every once in awhile he'll still wake up and fuss, but he has started resolving the tummy problems on his own and we don't have to get up. Way to go, Oscar!!

Of course, that means another shoe must drop... Everyone has been dueling colds for a few days. And then Saturday morning I checked my email and we received emails from two moms that their kids woke up with a stomach bug. I sent out my concern and hope they feel better email and somewhat smugly thought to myself, thank goodness my kids are so healthy! (Ignoring the fact that they have colds.). Maybe there is something to this theory that people keep telling me that mix kids are healthier.

We went through our day and had a blast playing outside, brunching with the family for Oma's birthday, going to the pool, etc. the kids napped great and were wiped out by dinner time. Fantastic! We can put them down, then enjoy a relaxing dinner with my sister's family.

Just as we settled down to eat, Sylvia started screaming. And not just her, I don't want to sleep cry, but really screaming. D went to check, and discovered that she caught the stomach bug. I checked my email and, sure enough, it hit every classmate except the other little girl, although her mommy has been sick for two days.

D was amazing and took over most of the comforting, caring for and cleaning up after Sylvia to try to keep me (and therefore Oscar since I have to handle him more) from catching the terrible virus. So much for the relaxing dinner. A few hours, a couple clothes changes, and sprints to the bathroom later, all the children were sleeping soundly and we could get some rest. Oscar blessed us with a great night of sleep--possibly due in part to fighting the cold, but we'll take it!

Now, we're just waiting for Rafa's turn...



2 comments:

Tuuli said...

Stomach bugs are the worst! Hang in there, hope Sylvia feels better soon and Rafa (and everyone else) escapes it this time!

C said...

Fortunately, it was a quick one and Rafa escaped it, somehow. But, he tends to only eat foods on the BRAT diet anyway, so he may have just not lost his lunch.