Tuesday, February 17, 2015

mommy pity

So, Rafa is the one with the sweet tooth.  And, he's absolutely terrified of trying new foods.  I think we've been over this before...  He gets it from me, I was exactly the same.  I only wanted bland foods and mostly carbs and sweets.  I did, in time, learn to enjoy a much bigger variety of foods, but not really until adulthood.  God bless my parents, this is going to be a long 20 years. 

We have a rule in the house that you can't have dessert until you eat your dinner.  Or, at least the protein and veggies, if you skip the carbs for dessert, that's probably okay.  But, don't tell them that.  This means that Sylvia pretty much always gets candy or dessert if there is one offered.  Because she eats like D.  Indiscriminately.  They will try and eat just about anything.  Alleluia, picky eating is not a result of my parenting. 

But then I feel SO bad for Rafa.  He's making his choice by not eating the healthy stuff (which, by the way, is often topped with cheese or something equally as unhealthy, so it's not like it's just boiled veggies).  And we have the rule for a good reason.  A good at least 3 reasons.  But I also want him to enjoy a lollipop after dinner. 

So, I gave him an M&M for using the potty...

No comments: