Thursday, November 5, 2015

sweet, sweet convos

I try to snuggle with each child before bed (the nights I'm around for bedtime) and have a sweet conversation about the joys of their day, what they did that I'm proud of, prayers, and what the next day will bring.  Tonight, I had the rare joy of extra time with Sylvia while Rafa (who fell asleep early) snoozed.  We exchanged a wonderfully, excessive number of hugs and kisses, until my lips got tired of pursing.  Then this convo ensured:

M: I love you, you know that? (I say this every night)
S: Yes.  I love you to the heavens.
M: S, you're my favorite little girl in all the world.
S: You're my favorite mami in all the world.
M: Will you stay with me forever?
S: No.
M: [shocked] Why not?!
S: Because sometimes you'll go to work.

Riiiiiight.  That.  You're right.  Smarty.

No comments: