Wednesday, May 11, 2016

mother's day recap

Mother's Day 2016

7:00 - wake up to O, let D get up, it's my day after all

7:15 - hear R get up, stay in bed, it's my day, right?...

7:30 - what the heck, I'm not sleeping anyway, get up, go downstairs, help D clean up after our Saturday night party. He had already done the lion's share of the work. I'm struggling to decide if it's a good idea to throw a party the night before Mother's Day or not...

9:30 - after a looooong cereal breakfast and general laziness around the house, we decide to skip rushing to get everyone ready to go to church. 

10:30 - after wondering where the hour went, we rush to get everyone ready for Mother's Day brunch with the Gee fam. 

11:00 - fall asleep on the sofa at Uncle A's house while the kiddos play with their cousins. 


11:45 - D wakes me to say goodbye before heading out of the country. 

12:00 - my sis-in-law's parents bring my fave Philippine food and my sis-in-law has my latest dessert obsession for lunch. I decide to start running to make up for my Mother's Day meal. 

2:00 - oh, no, gotta go, everyone need a a nap. 

2:30 - everyone's in bed, I fal asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow

2:35 - twins start yelling. I yell back, go to sleep, Mami needs a nap!

2:40 - repeat for an hour

4:45 - wake up and realize we should've walking out the door for the twins' first violin 'recital'

4:50 - scramble to wake all kids, check in with guardian angel, Tia C who is en route to lend a hand

5:00 - out the door. Enough time to not be late for the concert but not for the kids to get comfortable in the recital room. 

5:20 - Arrive. Tia C brilliantly suggests the twins go potty. And offers to take the twins. She's an angel. 

5:30 - no sign of twins or their teacher. Well, as long as he's MIA, we're good. 

5:45 - concert starts

5:55 - Sylvia performs (she didn't play)

5:58 - Rafa performs (neither did he)

6:30 - O gets restless

6:40 - S gets restless

6:45 - R gets restless. Much bribing and shushing and furrowed brows for effect ensue. 

7:00 - I get restless

7:30 - concert ends 


Saint in action

We thought our kids and we were looney toons for starting so early. Turns out everyone we asked from this group started playing at age 4...

8:00 - arrive home

8:10 - goodbyes to Tia C, many thanks, head to restaurant. Bribe kids in car to be on their best behavior. 

8:30 - we play a few rounds of I Spy while waiting for the food. Food arrives. Kids are spectacular.

8:45 - R asks, we're being obedient, right?!  Big smile. Yes, dear. 

9:00 - best thing I do as a mother on Mother's Day, I introduce them to the 6th food group, ice cream (gelato really)

I'm certain all my bribing will create an unhealthy relationship for them with food. And, I may never get them to do anything without providing a treat. I'll work that one out another day. Maybe. 

9:20 - arrive home. Embrace that we had a great night and try to not freak out about how late they're up. 

9:30 - attempt to get all kiddos to brush their teeth. Settle for O. Hear from the hallway, Mami, wanna see our room?

9:32 - nearly fall over. I wanted you to come brush your teeth, but you did something even more amazing. The room was spotless. They did eventually Go brush their teeth. 

D's gift of earrings were gorgeous. But, the best gift was my kids cleaning their room. What does that say about me?!  G

9:45 ( I think) - all kids are in bed and I crash. It's my day after all, right?!

No comments: