Sunday, February 19, 2012

I exercised!

I finally went to the doctor for a physical. I hadn't had one since I was a kid and my mom took me to the pediatrician. I'm healthy, so why bother, I always thought. That and I have this thing about seeing doctors. Anyway, I went. The doc asked me if I find time to exercise. Do I find time to exercise? Does lifting two babies count? I'm still trying to find to sleep. It's not that I don't want to exercise. I like being fit. I like exercising. But my likes are no longer the driving force behind how I spend my time.

In any case, I suppose it was a bit of an inspiration because I found myself with 40 minutes before the nanny was scheduled to leave, so I decided to go for a run. I don't like running, either. But, I do crave getting back into shape, so run, I did. Ok, jog I did.

I felt great for about 5 minutes. Then I started slowing down. My gazelle-like bounded turned into duck-like feet smacking. I walked a little, cut the path short and stopped at a red light (rats). When I arrived home, the nanny came to the door and said, "That's it?!, just 15-20 min?! And I had been so proud of myself. Until then. I haven't exercised in a YEAR. Yes, that's it. Maybe next week it'll be 16-21 min. For now, that'll just have to do.



1 comment:

Jason Edwards said...

Good work! The important part is to do it... then the next time gets a bit easier. And, any exercise is better than none at all.