Monday, August 6, 2012

11 months!

I can't believe they're almost one year old! Pretty soon they'll be driving...




They are learning to climb, which means we have to be more prepared for falls. And lots of them. I think Sylvia might constantly have a bruise somewhere. When she started climbing off the side of the bed to get to a toy on the floor, I thought that maybe I should help 'teach' her that it's not a good idea. So, I grabbed her ankle and let her fall a little then bump her head on the floor. Not a full on fall, but a little to get the idea. Yeah, total backfire. Rather than getting a little hurt and scared, my little daredevil broke out squealing with delight and giggling. Rafa, on the other hand, clung to the sheets and nearly hyperventilated when he started falling. 1 out of 2 is better than none, right?

Rafa has some peculiar eating habits. He stores food in his mouth for-e-ver. Just loads it up an holds onto the food. Doesn't chew, doesn't swallow. Just stores. Apparently his mom used to do that, too. Why do they inherit all the weird stuff?? He also likes taking sips of his milk, rather than chugging, like his sister who is ready for beer bike. He then swishes the the sips around in his mouth. It sounds like he's straining it through his teeth. But, as I've said before, it's the goofy things that are so endearing.

I love those goofballs!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Great post - I enjoy hearing about their little idiosyncrasies :) And wow - 11 months! You're all doing great!