Thursday, November 29, 2012

la playa

While visiting the sis, we took the twoddlers to the beach. 


Gorgeous, right?  But don't let that picture fool you, they didn't exactly spend the time enjoying the view.  This was more like it:


I think I made the mistake of trying to put Rafa on the ground to walk in the sand.  Once he felt the ground move under his feet, he wanted no more of it.  So, he spent the rest of the time in my arms, just observing.  I think the expanse of the beach and the ocean, the sounds of the waves, all that makes the ocean awesome to us, was overwhelming to him.  Good thing we plan on visiting sis again many more times in the future and he'll have more opportunities to become enchanted with the sand and the sea.

Sylvia, on the other hand...


Sylvia couldn't get enough of it.  She covered herself in sand.  Raked the sand, filled sand forms with sand, tried to eat sand, let the waves run up over her feet.  Our little adventurous girl loved it all.

While I think the beach is beautiful, going to the beach is not one of my favorite pastimes.  As it seems with most things, though, it is incredibly wonderful to experience it with the twoddlers.

2 comments:

tuuli said...

Have you tried swim diapers for the kiddos? Any opinions? I was just looking at swim diapers because I want to take Lilja to a baby swim class after Christmas...

Also, does this explain why our blog had a view from Mexico the other day? We puzzled over that a little, but thought it might be you guys... :)

C said...

Tuuli,

We used swim diapers during the summer in the Rice rec pool and while visiting friends and family. Mostly because we didn't want to have to clean up poop. Ew. I didn't shop around, just grabbed a box right before we needed them. They were a pain to get off while the babies were wet, but so were their swimsuits.

I don't remember specifically if I looked at your blog while in Mexico, but definitely a possibility. I'm so glad that you're doing it, I love keeping up with you guys!