Wednesday, December 5, 2012

tradition...TRADITION!

Apologies in advance to our children who will often tire of how we break into song whenever we hear words from songs in conversation.  Particularly because many of the songs they won't know and will think are "totally lame."  I probably shouldn't admit this in public, but we once had an entire conversation in which pretty much every sentence contained sung song lyrics.  Life is a musical.

So, I can't hear the word "tradition" in any context without thinking about this:


Because of our traditions, everyone knows who he is and what God expects him to do.

I recently asked D what are his beloved family Christmas traditions and what does he want ours to be.  It would be really easy for me to create a holiday experience for our kids that looks like what my holidays looked like growing up.  But, while we're not exactly mashing two very divergent cultural backgrounds together, I do want to be sure that the memories he cherishes from his childhood can be passed on to our kids as well. 

What are some of your favorite holiday traditions that you hope are passed on in your family?

No comments: