Friday, March 8, 2013

emotions

As the twoddlers grow up, they are starting to express all kinds of emotions. 
Joy.  Pure giggles from being spun around and around.   
Frustration.  Whines, screams, and tears from not getting to eat only cookies for dinner.   
Affection.  At the end of music class the other day, Sylvia and Rafael walked over to each other and embraced in a hug that made the whole room of parents go, "awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!".   
Want.  As in, I only want the toy my twin has. 
Fear.  Don't let that dog get that close to me!   
Pride.  I did it!  I got my sock off all by myself!
Excitement.  You're home!

So, now we're in the stage of helping them learn what to do with all of those emotions.  Which ones to channel, which ones to control, which ones to release yourself into completely and enjoy.  Probably some lessons for ourselves in all of this, too.
.

No comments: