Sunday, July 21, 2013

MDO

And so it begins. We are being inundated by information related to the VassariƱos' 2-day a week Mother's Day Out program starting in September. We got a couple letters in the mail about coffees to get to know the teachers and from what I can tell a general orientation, a letter telling us that we would be receiving another letter in a few days telling us which class the kids will be in, and a couple more that I don't remember what they said.

Then, we got the email with the class roster and the name of the kids' class. They are in the doodlebug class. I wonder how you say that in Spanish?... It also looks like Sylvia might be the only girl. There's a chance one of the seemingly boy names belongs to a girl. Stockton, Joey, Tyler, Zachary, Julian, and Emersen. My top two choices for potential girls, though, would have been Joey and Tyler, but both of those kids share the name with their fathers, so those are likely boys. Maybe Emersen is a girl?

Then, I received an email asking me to be a class mom!  Ha!  I haven't even set foot in the school, yet. Probably not their best choice. Our kids are 1/4 of the class, so I bet that's why I was chosen, but I let them know that I'm highly unqualified and expecting a baby any day now, so unlikely to be able to really do the job justice. And I almost suggested they contact David since I was a little annoyed that they only have class moms and have a mom's night out, etc., but then I also don't want him to have more on his plate when baby 3 arrives in the off chance they would take me up on that.

Then, I got two more emails about helping with teacher appreciation week.  I thought these programs are supposed to give parents more time, not more responsibilities.  Isn't that why it's called Mother's Day Out?

2 comments:

Tuuli said...

I know a girl named Emerson, so you might luck out on that one!

Brandy said...

When Scott was in Kindergarten, I was Room-Parent with a dad. Refreshing right?