Saturday, July 20, 2013

sweetness

Rafa definitely has the sweetness gene. He loves hugs. Doles them out readily. There isn't much space in my lap these days, but he insists on finding some for reading stories and refuses to sit next to me like his sister. As uncomfortable as an elbow to the belly is, it's kind of hard to complain.

One precious moment this week, I was sitting at the dining table and he came up and rested his head against my leg. He looked up at me and just enjoyed the moment of closeness. Fortunately, and probably in part because I'm 36 weeks and not particularly active, I also paused to embrace the moment. It was a wonderful reminder to stop every once in awhile and cherish those around me. To bury my to do list in my brain and take the time to embrace something in the present. To be present.

And to look in those sweet blue eyes and be grateful for my son.

No comments: