Wednesday, December 4, 2013

health update

We went to the ophthalmologist and learned that Rafa only has a corneal abrasion and it's already started healing, so not much to worry about. I enjoyed my morning with Rafa even under those circumstances.



He did really well at the doctor, even with all the prodding and lights and eye drops. I was struck by how much they are growing up. My babies are now children! Before leaving, I asked the doctor, "So... I have three children 2 and under. This is going to happen again. How do I know when I need to come see you and when it'll probably just heal on it's own?" Otherwise we'll spend all our days at doctors!

Sure enough, I get home and Oscar's little body is covered in a rash.



Fortunately, he's super happy and eating and sleeping and doesn't seem to be bothered by it. And, fortunately, I have our pedi's mobile number. :-). Otherwise, we might have been trekking back to another doc tomorrow. Turns out, it's likely a delayed hypersensitivity to his antibiotics for his ears. The good news is that he has finished enough that we can just stop the meds.

I wonder what Sylvia will come down with next?...

No comments: