Tuesday, December 3, 2013

oh, what a day...

Let's start with last night.  D offered to let me have a night out and he would take care of the kids (big mistake!).  While I was away at a lovely concert with Oma, D got the kids ready for bed and then spent 2.5 hours listening to them scream.  Oscar was a mess and couldn't figure out if he was hungry or tired or something else.  We think the ear infections are under control, but of course he's also congested, so probably just has some general malaise. 

Sylvia was also a mess.  Out of control crying.  I think she's a little sleep deprived because she's a light sleeper and seems to wake up when Oscar cries at night.  She also wakes up of her own accord every once in awhile and cries.  In any case, last night was a mess.  When I got home, I went to her to reassure her that when Mami leaves, it doesn't mean I'm leaving forever.  She wouldn't go to sleep until I sat next to her crib and she held her hand out the bars and held onto my leg.  She's also been quite clingy lately, so I think she's still adjusting to the new nanny and my being back at work.  Plus, we were home for awhile because of the Thanksgiving holiday, so she has to get used to the routine all over again. 

OK, back to today.  I went to pick up the kids from school and we stayed to play on the playground.  That was my first mistake.  Rafa got pushed off a play structure by another kid.  He then got pushed down the slide by Sylvia.  He then fell off a rope ladder and got a bloody nose.  We get home.  And Sylvia decides to swing her arms with a plastic knife in one hand.  Of course she gets Rafa right in the eye...  Hopefully, it's just a minor abrasion, but we're going to the ophthalmologist tomorrow anyway to have it checked out.  Then, he was playing with the towel bar in our cabinet and Sylvia closed the cabinet door on his fingers.  POBRECITO!  What a day...

I'm returning the favor tonight and D is out at a holiday party. Thank goodness I chose the good night.  All the kiddos are quiet and I'm about to put my feet up and try to rest myself!  Ahhhhhhh...

1 comment:

Jason Edwards said...

What a day indeed. Everyone had their share of woe, but sounds like maybe poor Rafa got the worst of it. His luck has got to change!