Monday, January 13, 2014

it's what's for dinner

SylRafa have been obsessed lately with pancakes and ask for them at most mealtimes. We haven't been giving them to them but once a week at breakfast, typically on Saturday morning.

Since they kept asking, one evening I decided to give in. But, if they were going to have pancakes for dinner, by golly, Mami was going to be sure they got some veggies.

So, green pancakes it is!




As I was making them, I kept telling them how fun it was going to be to eat green pancakes. And they say in the kitchen and watched them be prepared, so they wouldn't be expecting plain white ones and decide not to eat the green ones when they showed up.

Did they care that they were green once they got some honey to dip them into? I think not! And while it's not a large amount of spinach in their little bodies, it's better than none, so I'm counting it as a victory. We may never eat boring, white pancakes again.

2 comments:

Tuuli said...

Yes! I've always been a pancake lover (or Finnish pancakes are more like crepes actually), and all through my life, one of my grandmas has made them with greens (not spinach but similar). It would never have occurred to me to turn them down! Glad the kiddos liked their green pancakes too. :)

C said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one to serve them! I'm sure I'm following in the footsteps of a fine lady.

I think we'll fix more green pancakes today. Yum!