Tuesday, January 14, 2014

time to sleep...

I admit I'm losing patience with Ozzie's poor sleeping habits. So, I made the executive decision last night at 2am to sleep train for reals. Lack of sleep will push you over the edge. Poor D had to leave our room and go to the other side of the house around 3:30. Yeah, still going at 3:30. By 4, he finally wore himself out or gave in. Is this a sign of future stubbornness?

So, tonight, after a weak attempt at his last bottle of the day due to SylRafa nuttiness at bedtime, which D handled singlehanded AND one arm escaping his swaddle, he woke at the appointed 2ish hour and is now back asleep ON HIS OWN! We were convinced this would be a multiple awakenings night. And I'm still watching him, in disbelief, wondering when he'll wake up. I don't want to be so hopeful that all it took was one night of sleep training, lest my dreams be dashed again, but I'm so grateful that we've escaped a night of wailing and extra feedings and all the craziness.

Ok, watching him sleep, while adorable, is probably not the best use of my wee hours. So, time to sleep. Praise God.



No comments: