Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Insanity

One of my docs told me this week that by week 24 I will be the size of an 8-month singleton pregnancy.  Whoa.  That totally blows my mind.  So, maternity clothes has an even shorter shelf life.  After that--you know, for almost 3 months!--I'll shop in the whale department... 

Big thanks to Ms. Feisty who generously loaned me some wonderful work clothes and Ms. Dean who has given me twins tips from the get-go and has sent a package of more clothes.  For someone who doesn't like shopping, this is such an amazing gift and a great start to the new, expensive, and temporary wardrobe.  My online order should arrive next week--now that I know about my rapid size increase, kinda regretting not express delivering that order...

The other thing about the incredible size increase is that I will have to drastically decrease my activity starting at week 24.  Like nada.  (At least it'll feel like it to me.)  Doc said, starting then, work from home as much as possible, take a break mid-morning and mid-afternoon for about 1.5 hours.  I'm already resting (on my left side) for an hour each day in additional the crazy hours I spend sleeping, limited walking (start using the stork parking spaces), rest, rest, rest, all in the hopes that these babes cook longer. 

p.s.  No new pic, but they're now 5.4 cm crown to rump (forehead to bottom).  Which, for the Americans, is 2 1/8 inches. 

No comments: