Wednesday, June 8, 2011

oh what a day

Remember how I was talking about being more nervous about drivers out there?  (here.)  Well, today we had scare #3...  I was stopped at a light in Bartolo, D's brand spankin' new TDI Sportwagon (described here.) and someone plowed into me from behind.  There is only minor damage to the bumper--is there some law about new cars being in accidents?  I was so concerned about Bartolo (the new wheels) that it didn't even occur to me that it might cause any problems with the little bambinos.  I did call the doc, and he encouraged me to come in to his office to get checked out just in case.  He said it didn't sound like there would be any problems since I didn't have any pain or bleeding, no impact to the belly, etc.  He also said it didn't really matter when I went in today since it's so early in the pregnancy, they wouldn't be able to do an emergency C-section, anyway.  ???!!?!?!?!!!  I chose to ignore that last part...  So, I went in first thing, determined to break the spell of getting scary news when D's not around (see here and here.).  Ultrasound looked great.  Babies still moving around unfazed by the big, bad world.  Particularly Baby A, the girl.  She moves around like crazy--kind of drives me nuts sometimes kicking me in the guts.  Both had good heartbeats, too.  Doc wanted me to go home and rest for a few hours and self-monitor for contractions or go to the hospital and let them do it.  Since I was feeling pretty good and hospitals totally stress me out, I decided to just come home and rest and self-monitor.  D came home for a bit at lunchtime, too, which was nice.  Doc just wanted to be sure I didn't have multiple contractions in an hour and said to monitor for 3-4 hours.  He said if we made it through that then we wouldn't have any preterm labor that was caused by the accident.  As far as I can tell, I didn't have any contractions, so we're now in the clear.  Of course, the client I was supposed to spend the day with in negotiations was very understanding.  Although they probably did fine without me, I'm arrogant enough to be a little nervous to hear tomorrow how it all went...  If that's my biggest worry at this point, though, I think we're doing pretty well!  Thank God it was just a little fender bender!!

2 comments:

Brian Cashman said...

A few stem cells and Bartolo should be good as new!

Anonymous said...

Are you THE Brian Cashman?? Welcome in!