Monday, June 20, 2011

swelling and popping

The transformation of the body is amazing.  The swelling of the feet, however, not so amazing.  Mine haven't gotten super huge or anything, thank goodness (at least not yet).  But, just enough so that my old shoes aren't very comfortable.  They do look much more sausage-like at the end of the day or when I've been out in the heat. Sadly, I've also had to retire the engagement and wedding rings for awhile.  I can't complain too much, I've only had minor swelling thus far and I know lots of women suffer much worse.  Of course, I still have July, August, and September to go...

But, probably the biggest challenge for me has been the transformation of my belly button!  I've been an inny all my life.  I'm not exactly an outy now, but the inny is definitely protruding--sort of hard to explain and I'm certainly NOT posting a pic.  In any case, it's causing an identity crisis.  You think you've been something all your life and then suddenly it changes!  Fortunately, continuing the trend of pregnancy and baby products with funny names, I suppose I could always go out and get these...

Or, just hold my chin up and embrace my new identity!!

No comments: