Thursday, October 18, 2012

she's walking

Sylvia has taken steps for probably about a month now. Most of the time she prefers to crawl, though, and only walks when we stand in front of her and scoot backwards as she tried to reach us. Other than that, she rarely chooses to walk since she's a mean crawler and gets around quickly, which is her MO. Today, though, while I'm home sick (I can't remember the last time I've been sick. It stinks.), I got to watch her choose to walk around the play room. Multiple times while trying to get from one place to another, she did it walking!! She even turned around, so it wasn't just Frankenstein steps forward, but even a little graceful. It's so fun to see them growing up.

Rafa, our careful one, still isn't very interested, but I think once he sees her walking around, he won't be far behind.

I've been mostly hiding in my room all day, partly because I have no energy and partly because I don't want the kiddos to get sick. So, I'm glad I got that little treat during the 15 minutes I spent with the kiddos. Being home and not being able to play with the twinfants (soon to be twoddlers) has been the hardest part about being sick. Boo.


1 comment:

eyrieowl said...

Hey, congrats! That's great, such a fun moment!