Tuesday, October 11, 2011

5 weeks - happy birthday dad!

The kiddos are 5 weeks old today!  And noticeably more awake during the day.  So far, they don't seem to have their days and nights confused.  So far. 

They now sleep in these fun thrones that elevate their heads to try to help their gas/reflux fussiness.





Today is D's actual birthday.  He spent the first few hours of his birthday trying to console Miss Sylvia who was not a happy camper last night.  Happy birthday, Dad!! 

I managed to complete a solo feed today around lunch time and it didn't take 2 hours!!  Success came at 1:20 when I was burping both babies at once, imagine that! and one burped and the other tooted.  Hopefully, that buys me an extra 5 minutes of calm between feeds since they have less gas to expel...  Failure came at 1:22 when Rafael decided to show me how inadequate my diapering job was and a wet spot grew out of his left hip.  Good thing we have ample supply of newborn diapers because that was diaper number 3 for Rafael for that feeding.  Pretty soon I'll be able to change a diaper with my left hand and my eyes closed.

3 comments:

eyrieowl said...

Love the pics. Sylvia's hair reminds me of a tonsured monk, at least next to Rafael's, in the first pic. :)

Anonymous said...

make sure you put the blindfolded lefty diaper change on youtube. happy birthday, new daddio!

Karen said...

I was looking at this again and realized that David's birthday is the same as my Dad's!! Of course Dad is now 82.