Thursday, October 6, 2011

it takes a village

I know I'm going to leave about 20 people out, but we are so incredibly grateful for all of the help that we have received from so many wonderful, generous friends and family members that I want to try to give thanks where thanks are due.  If I forgot you, go ahead and leave a shout out to yourself in the comments.  :)

We are incredibly grateful for our families and the support they've given from middle of the night feeds covered by D's mom, meals prepared by Aunt Diane, grocery shopping by Karen, help with feeds and general sanity from my mom, wisdom from afar from Sonja, encouragement and supplies from Andrew and J, a cheery attitude and conversation about something other than babies from our dads, and just plain old love and tolerance while we're a little crazy from all of our family.

Thanks to all the twins moms who have been inspirational and great resources for all my 1,000,000,001 questions, not to mention suppliers of lots of gear: Heather, J, and Cheryl.

Thanks to Karen W. for setting up the meals calendar and coordinating our spectacular church family.  Also to Suzie for getting choir members involved.

Thanks to EVERYONE who has kept us fed.

Thanks to my feeding helpers: D, D's mom, my mom, Candy, Cathy, Karen.




Thanks to Katie for helping with parking at TCH and NICU encouragement and wisdom.

Thanks to all the moms who have gone before me and supplied endless advice, gear, and answers to crazy first time mom questions: Kathleen, Krista, Heather, Ronda, J, Laura, Elana, Cheryl, Sonja, and Larissa.  Please keep answering my phone calls!

Thanks to our excellent pediatrician, Sari, who patiently puts up with me as both a friend and the patient who probably does every single annoying thing that first time moms do to their kids' doc.

Thanks to all of you for reading along and submitting advice and encouragement through your comments.  A special thanks for the sage and particularly uplifting comments from Anonymous.

And I have to say the biggest thanks to D for loving my babies with all his heart, balancing work with his family, and most of all for loving me unconditionally, keeping me sane, and bringing me endless joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

every first time mom has all those questions. i am sure everyone is more than happy to help you. there are a billion books - "what to do when you're expecting," etc., but there are very few books on what to do when you actually HAVE the baby. there will be trial and error. there will be tears - from the babies and parents. there will be frustration and joy. take your naps and enjoy your nights out. you and D are amazing people and your babies are luck to have such great parents. thank you for letting me be a part of your village. it is an honor.