Saturday, October 1, 2011

one week in

We have now had both kiddos home for a week. We have improved our game and are moving slightly past survival mode and into some semblance of a routine. I am only calling friends and family about once a day to ask if I should be worried about this or that or how I should handle the latest conundrum.

The biggest excitement of the day was our first family outing. Since I was on bed rest for 2 months, it was especially nice to be outside. I haven't been outside (except for going to and from the car) since July 4 weekend. The sunshine felt spectacular. Fortunately, the weather was probably the best this morning it has been since July 4, too.





We might need to work a walk into our daily routine. Even if it means giving up on doing dishes and eating on paper plates.

And for Karen, we managed to get Sylvia's eyes. They still are premies and aren't awake much, but we catch glimpses here and there.





2 comments:

Kelly S said...

I think you're amazing.

Karen said...

yea! I was beginning to grow a bit worried...

Yea for walk too. Bike rides are in their future!