Friday, September 30, 2011

mama update

I've gotten a few inquiries as to how I'm doing, so I figure there are probably at least a few others out there just as curious.  You'll be happy to know that the cankles are gone.  It was miraculous, really.  They swelled up even bigger post-delivery and every day were quite a sight to see.  Then, pretty much overnight, they decided to go back to normal again.  Never to be seen again, I hope. 

I have ALMOST gotten back to my pre-pregnancy size.  I was bold enough to try on some of my regular pants.  They made it on, but we still have a ways to go to fasten them.  OK, so maybe I'm not really that close, but I'm much happier thinking that I am.  It's just another wow moment in this whole process about how incredible the human body is.  In case anyone has forgotten, this is what I looked like 3 days before delivery:


I have lost about 35 pounds since then.  Of course, a significant amount of that was in the form of 2 beautiful babies.

On the emotional side, this is definitely a roller coaster.  There are days when I'm really blue and just think this is really hard and I feel really isolated and tired and don't know how to make it through another feeding or another crying spell.  But, then there are days when I have full confidence that I can do this and am ready for whatever new challenge the day brings (today it's their first cold and cleaning out their noses).  I'm really fortunate that I have had friends and family her supporting me through each feeding and helping me get through the days.  I would definitely have more blue days without you!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your feelings are so very much understood. Even though I have only had singletons, I promise you that it will get better. They are so beautiful.

Ronda Jones