Sunday, September 4, 2011

still cookin

Last night was a long night.  Contractions got really strong.  Still really irregular.  I did not sleep well trying to relax and find a comfortable position between the bed and a recliner.  This morning, they started getting more regular, but not as strong.  We called the doc and he suggested we go in to get monitored, see where everything is and go from there.  So, we got a trial run at the whole hospital trip.  It was fun to feel the excitement of the possibility of this being "the day" even though I knew deep down that it likely wasn't.  Babies are doing well, labor is not progressing, so we're still in the same place we've been for the past however many weeks.  I'm back on the anti-contraction meds to see if they respond and are less painful.  Unless my water breaks or some other major event occurs, we'll keep holding off until at least 36 weeks.  I'm glad my doc doesn't seem to want to just take them, but wants me to try to carry them as long as possible, even though being huge is getting old and very uncomfortable.  I did snooze some when we got back from the hospital to catch up on lost sleep from last night.  I might need to figure out some other sleeping arrangements next week.  The poor hubs woke up a few times while I was hurting.  He did wonders giving me some back rubs, so I'll let him carry on this weekend while he can sleep in.  :)  So, back to the sofa for more chillin...

1 comment:

Kelly S said...

Praying you're able to sleep better tonight!