Tuesday, September 20, 2011

homecoming

We will likely hear from the doctor today that little Sylvia will be coming home.  If you haven't been praying for us, yet, please start now.  I keep telling myself we can do this, but somehow I'm incredibly insecure about my abilities to take care of a newborn.  I think the stress of the hospital and the lack of sleep is starting to wear on me.  Unfortunately, Rafa is still having episodes of As & Bs, so he'll still be in the hospital for awhile. He's having about 2 per day and the nurses don't think this is something that he'll stop cold turkey, so we're probably looking at at least another week with him in the NICU.  The doctor is starting to run some tests to see if there is anything else going on.  So far, they've all been negative and the thought is that it's just something he needs to outgrow. 


I apparently need to take more pics of Sylvia, which will likely happen with her beating Rafa home, since I seem to have more of him.  Maybe because we keep all our gear near his bed so it's easier to get to my camera by him.  I'll snap some of her today.  Until then, you can play the, which parent do I resemble more game.  Bear in mind that his hair, which you can't really see in these photos is sandy blond and curly.  Too bad I don't have a pic of the milkman...



3 comments:

Kelly S said...

Praying for you! You'll do great with Sylvia at home!

Teresa said...

You are already a great mom!!! let your love lead you. God is always looking over you shoulder, and holding your hand.

Brandy Hew said...

Just remember that there isn't a parent in the world that was 100% sure of what to do with a newborn. I couldn't believe they let me leave the hospital with mine without taking some sort of owners manual test! We all wing it, it will come to you. If it dosen't feel free to call me!