Friday, September 9, 2011

home sweet home

D and I will be checking out of the hospital hotel tomorrow.  The kiddos will stick around longer until their feeding gets under control.  It looks like Sylvia might leave her bro behind since she's leaps and bounds ahead of him, but of course, you never know until they've passed all their tests.  In the meantime, D and I have taken infant CPS and car seat safety classes, rented a hospital grade pump, toured the milk bank, and started preparing as best we can for taking care of late term premie babies.  I have also told all the NICU nurses that I want to learn everything they can teach me.  Tonight, I bathed Rafa with the night nurse.  We've learned some feeding and some burping tricks, excellent swaddling techniques, how to find a baby's pulse in the baby's inside elbow, and more.  We're hoping to glean as much knowledge and wisdom from experience that we can from these incredible caretakers!

I'm really looking forward to being outside a little and possibly even going out to eat!  Of course, depending on my pain and exhaustion levels.  But, mmmmmmm sushi and a glass of vino sounds amazingly divine.

2 comments:

Teresa Orsborn said...

I am so glad you are doing better and hopefully the kiddos will be home soon. You need to be careful with what you eat if you are breastfeeding. My doctor told me that I needed to stick with the restrictions I had when I was pregnant while breastfeeding. I guess that could be a good question to your doctor. Love you guys and can't wait to meet the little ones. I hope soon =o)

Katie Cooper said...

So very excited for yall!! Yeah for a glass of wine.