Tuesday, September 30, 2014

3 kids, 3 ways

I was amazed today with Oscar, who must think that green beans are the greatest food ever created. This little guy wanted nothing else and polished off an entire can. (Yes, these days we eat quite often out of cans.). The whole stinking thing! So, I opened another for the other kiddos. Sylvia ate hers, but perhaps more shockingly, also drank the green bean 'juice' from the bowl as if it were soup. (Yes, these days we heat our canned food in the microwave.) Rafa, true to form, battled the veggies with gusto. But, in the end, succumbed and ate one lowly bean. Somehow, when I said, "please eat at least one," in my head it sounded like it might inspire him to eat more. But, out loud, it gave him the option to proudly eat one, single, solitary bean. I'm still counting it as a success.

As with most things in life, these three each have their own way. Variety is truly the spice of life.



No comments: