Wednesday, September 3, 2014

cousins


I have some really fond memories from my childhood of hanging out with my out of town cousins.  They were a bit older, but always loved playing with and entertaining us.  Or, if they didn't, they at least pretended to and we were none the wiser.  The only thing they didn't like was when we would finally get permission to wake them up to come play in the morning.  They didn't like that.  I think I was always a little bit in awe that they would want to spend time with little rug rats and always felt a little cool when they would include us in their fun.  And, of course, since I try to make my kids relive all the wonderful things from my childhood, whether they want to or not, I want them to have the same fond memories of time with their cousins.  I don't think I'm forcing this one on them, though--they adore and worship Scooter, Skeeter, and Squealer. 







No comments: