Friday, September 19, 2014

lost items

We finally have an excuse again when we lose things.  Oscar is in the stage when he doesn't ALWAYS have to hold everything in his hands and SOMETIMES letting go of things is fun.  Particularly when he can stuff them into some container or other thing.  I noticed that he opened the diaper bin, stuffed his NuNu (his lovie, sleepy toy, blanket, thing that we CANNOT lose) in, and closed the bin.  So, now he gets to be Mami's helper when I need to throw things away AND we have to always look inside trash cans to see what he's disposed of.  He has thrown away toys, shoes, food, perhaps our extra set of car keys that have gone missing?  We're going to go ahead and blame him.  He can't defend himself.  He can't even hold his own freaking sippy cup.   Which is a story for another day.  But, yet again, I am in awe watching my children be in awe of how the world works and the little gears a-turnin' in their heads.  I can almost see his brain working as he processes putting things in, closing the lid, opening it and joyfully seeing them again, or being surprised when it disappears (as in the case of the diaper bin).  I love it.

No comments: