Wednesday, September 17, 2014

3!

Can you tell things are busier around here?  It's harder and harder to get around to things like birthday parties, doctor appointments, and blog posts--to name a few things I'm behind on.  We did get to the doctor and the dentist, aren't birthdays great? for their checkups.

Sylvia:
H: 37.75" (68%)
W: 32 lb. 13 oz. (71%)

Rafa:
H: 35.5" (9%)
W: 30 lb. 3 oz. (33%)

Sylvia is trending to be 5'6" and Rafa is trending to be 5'6".  The good doctor is hoping puberty will be kind to him or he'll have a good growth spurt in college.  I'm thinking the damage will be done by then.  Then again, he does have the blue eyes.  Speaking of eyes, his light reflexes are not matching up.  That can be caused by many different things, I'm told, but we need to go see an ophthalmologist to have it checked out.  So, there's another doctor appointment on the schedule.  Sylvia also had high blood pressure according to the machine.  Perhaps she was worried about Rafa's eyes.  The nurse eventually took her BP by hand and said that she then got a reading that was fine by 2 numbers.  I guess I should believe her, but there's a part of me that thinks that she's not really concerned and didn't want us to have to worry about or for Sylvia to have that on her chart when she's normal weight, etc.

Not a perfect checkup, but not terrible.  I'll try to keep you posted on Rafa's eye thing, but the doc appointment isn't for a month and a half.  Since Sylvia once poked him in the eye, he is an established patient with an eye doc and she's out of town or just not working, I know not, for a month.  The pedi didn't seem to be terribly concerned, so I haven't started looking for someone else who might be able to see him sooner.

No comments: