Monday, December 5, 2011

a big weekend

D and I are starting to feel human again rather than trolls living in a hovel. Thursday night (that's when the weekend starts, right?), I left D to put the kids to bed while I joined one of my book clubs for our December meeting at a 'winery'. I resisted the wine until I saw how many glasses of port were going wasted at the end of the tasting and felt obliged to not let there be such waste. Our lives have really changed, since holiday conversation now revolves around sharing stories of the craziest places we've pumped...

Saturday morning some dear friends came over and walked with us to brunch. D and I wore the kids and they pretty much slept through the entire experience, which was lovely for all involved. We might have paid for it later because the kiddos are starting to be real pills in the afternoon/evening. Sylvia's night screaming has turned into 3pm until whenever we finally get her settled for bed screaming (anywhere between 7 and 9). It's better than the middle off the night, but isn't exactly a warm welcome when D gets home from work. So, Saturday she was in rare form. To be fair, we were only privy to her excitement until 6:30, when we left for a night of holiday festivities. Then, the nanny came to relieve us and rock her for a few hours. Trying to dress and groom ourselves while preparing two babies for bed was a new and special challenge. Perhaps next time we'll have the nanny come a few minutes early. We're still learning. We really enjoyed the night out, and the babies still slept well that night! Unfortunately, I didn't. Maybe it was the excitement of the evening, but my brain started going and wouldn't quit and I probably got the least amount of sleep since the kiddos were born. Part of it was some work stress, so I suppose I'm just preparing myself for my return at the beginning of the year.

Sunday morning, the VassariƱos made their church debut. We were pleased that we could bring them to see the choir who has been incredibly supportive throughout this adventure. They were on their best behavior and slept most of the service. The babies, that is, not the choir. Silly pronouns. I had Sylvia in the moby wrap, so only her little face and legs were sticking out. That was unfortunate because nobody got to see her ridiculously giant pink bow. It was also the first time she wore a dress (with pants, totally stylin', I'm certain).



Sunday afternoon was the typical football and naps, which topped off the weekend with the Texans' win with a rookie quarterback.

Awesome!




And a couple random pics from the weekend to enjoy:

The thinker.



They will soon outgrow being able to sleep in the same crib. :-(



2 comments:

tuuli said...

Aww they look adorable in the same crib, they sleep in the exact same position too.. :) Glad to hear you're starting to feel more human, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hope things continue to improve for you guys!

Kelly S said...

Adorable. Glad you've been able to get out a bit! I still need to bring you some sushi!