Saturday, December 31, 2011

one more week off

Well, Norma quit communicating with us, so we had to move on. We weren't sure if we could get in touch with Gillian, so while we tried to contact her, we set up more interviews so that we wouldn't be stuck if she didn't work out since I was planning on returning to work on the 3rd. We had some options since Rice has an emergency backup child care service that we could have used as well as access to a daycare center while in between child care arrangements. Interview after interview and many calls related to the backup care consumed our days in between feeding, burping, changing, washing, and the typical every day stuff. Then, a relief came because Gillian sent us a happy new year text, so we knew we would be able to get in touch with her while she was away. She said she was still interested in the job, so D set up a call with her and worked out the details. She wants to give her school a week's notice, so she'll start with us on the 9th. She agreed to come by for a couple hours after work next week to learn about the house, get to know the babies, etc. It turns out my firm isn't set up for my return on the 3rd anyway, so I will start back when Gillian starts full time. I love my babies, but I did have a freak out moment when I thought we wouldn't find anyone and was terrified of the prospect of being stuck at home forever. I guess that means I'm ready to go back to work! D has been home all week this week and has Monday off, too, so once the stress of child care was lifted, we have enjoyed lots of great 4-family time. He's an amazing dad, so while I really enjoy spending time with him, it's been even more wonderful watching him enjoy his time with the kids.



No comments: