Thursday, December 15, 2011

the return to work part 2

The firm put together a couple more options for my return to work and now I have a really hard decision to make. They came up with some part time options that are attractive enough to make my decision very difficult. I hadn't really wanted to be a part timer. I'm at the stage in my career when things are really moving in the right direction and although there's probably never a good time to slow down, it feels like a particularly bad time to do so. D and I decided I should at least consider what part time would look like for our family so I've been exploring that with the firm. As a female lawyer, I've always heard horror stories about women who tried part time and I have been skeptical, but my firm proposed an option that I think is probably rare and good for everyone. So, now I have even more soul searching to do. Good thing I'm up in the middle of the night anyway.



No comments: