Wednesday, July 13, 2011

bed rest

one day of bed rest down.  whew.  i think the lifesaver is that i asked for a physical therapist to come train me on exercises i can do while out for the count.  my body is really having a difficult time adjusting to inactivity.  i've never been much of a tv or movie watcher.  mostly because i get restless and it makes me feel like a slug.  well, that's pretty much where i am now.  so, the exercises at least get my blood flowing in most of my body and should also help with backaches and other irritants.  now my head just needs to get used to the different blood flow from being level with my body almost all day.

i'm incredibly grateful to be able to spend a few days at my parents' house while the hubby is out of the country.  they have been phenomenal taking care of me.  given what's going on, i am incredibly comforted knowing that i'm in the hands of some of the best doctors in the city in one of the best medical centers in the world and with spectacular family here to help and wonderful friends.

1 day down...hopefully around 50 more to go...

No comments: