Monday, July 11, 2011

one more night

So, still in the hospital...  But, this was our choice.  Doc would have released me since the contractions are relatively under control with the meds and the rest of my body isn't progressing towards labor.  But, since I am scheduled to see Doc 2 tomorrow to do the intensive scan, rather than shuttling home and back again, we're hoping she can just come see me here.  Plus, we discussed getting steroid shots in honor of The Rocket's trial and to help the kiddos develop their lungs faster (and these won't get picked up by any doping agency).  Since one side effect--other than being a pain in the rear, literally--is increased contractions, I decided to go ahead and do them while I'm here.  So, staying one more night accomplishes all of that.  Hopefully, after Doc 2 does the scans tomorrow, I'll get the clearance to go home and spend the next two months learning to do everything from lying on my left side.  Seems like an iPad would be really useful... 

Once home, I think my rule will probably be that I can only get up for bathroom breaks. We’ll see tomorrow. My doc did seem optimistic that I would make it to 36 weeks (which is 9-10 weeks away depending on how you count the week you're in, which I haven't figured out) He said my chances are excellent. Whether he’s just lying to get me to be positive and stay relaxed or really believes it, I’m glad that’s what he told me! 

For those that have offered help, prayers and positive thoughts are most useful at this point (and always, let's be real).  Once we figure out what this will look like and what will be useful, we'll let you know.  We sincerely appreciate the outpouring of love from so many generous friends that have already done more for us than we could ever ask. 

Definitely getting yet another lesson in humbly trusting God's will.  He's one determined teacher!  Which is what I need...

No comments: