Thursday, July 28, 2011

h20

One of the biggest factors in keeping contractions at bay seems to be hydration.  For those that know me well, they know that one of my quirks is that I do not like water.  People always seemed shocked by this revelation and say, "but it doesn't taste like anything!"  Well, to me, that's the point!  That's why I don't like it.  There's nothing to like.

Ever since my sis-in-law was on bedrest, everyone kept telling me to drink water.  Drink lots of water.  Have you been drinking water?  I really thought I had been drinking enough.  I had all signs that I was perfectly hydrated.  Well, perfectly hydrated for any normal human being, just not for a mom of multiples, it turns out.

In the hospital, I was gifted with my new bff:
It's with me constantly.  I'm supposed to fill it at least 3-4 times a day.  So, apparently a perfectly hydrated gestator needs restroom breaks at least once an hour, but closer to once every 30-45 minutes.  It is the one thing I'm allowed to get up for while on bed rest, so that might inspire my newfound love of water.  OK, love might be a bit strong, but I do find myself thirsting for water more than I ever have.  Cold, flavorless water.

2 comments:

Dabbler said...

I have the same issues with water, especially when I'm knocked up. So now, I get carbonated water (Topo Chico to be exact) and mix it with a splash of limeade. It does the trick and it's not plain ol' water. The carbonation makes me crave it and the limeade keeps me interested. Let me know if you need a supply - I'm happy to bring it over!

C said...

Dabbler, that sounds divine! I'm always happy to have a visitor (even though I'm not sure who you are...). Email me and let's coordinate.