Tuesday, July 12, 2011

cleared for release

Good news: going home.  Bad news (which isn't really news at this point): bedrest from here on out.  At least 7 more weeks.  At that point, they're not worried if I deliver.

Babies are big for this point, one is 2 lb. 3 oz. and the other is 2 lb. 6 oz.  So that's also good.  They are growing and moving around well.  Doctors both think what I'm going through is very common for people with twins and they're very optimistic of my making it far, so long as I follow the rules.  My contractions are fairly under control, but since my body is preparing for delivery, bedrest will hopefully trick it into thinking that it's not as imminent as my body thinks and hopefully stop it or slow it from trying to deliver.

So, just waiting on a physical therapy appointment to help me learn what to do and not to do while in bed for the next 2 months and then we're off to the next bed. 

3 comments:

David Vassar said...

Felicitações!!

Mary Lynn said...

I'm so pleased you are home with "Mom and Dad" this week. You'll receive lots of special care. I am so impressed with the weight of the babies. They are 6-8oz. heavier than I expected them to be at this point(not that I know much about twins:)). Have a relaxing day!

C said...

Mary Lynn, I'm impressed you are able to post comments!! Welcome to the site! We are lucky to have 4 very loving and caring parents caring for us!