Monday, August 8, 2011

31 weeks!!!!!

Over 4 weeks of bed rest down.  Only 27 days left until Labor Day.  Woo hoo!!


Contractions are picking up a little, and I'm now taking my contraction meds as necessary rather than on a regular schedule (which might contribute to their picking up a little).  But, the contraction meds raise my blood glucose and I'm also testing that right now, so I'm trying to find the right balance of meds, blood glucose, etc.  Of course, also a part of that equation is work, rest, and whatever else I do with my day.  So, what that means is that I'm tracking pretty much my every move.  It's tiresome.  I'm starting to figure out a few tricks to make it easier.  Most of the time I just suck it up, but every once in awhile I lose it.  Tracking everything, watching what I eat, when I eat it, how much I eat, not being able to take care of myself so others having to deal with all these restrictions.  You get the idea.  Oh, and throw in only sleeping about an hour at a time at night, maybe one 2.5 hour bit at some point each night and raging hormones, I'm sure.  So, men out there (if there are any out there that read a preggo lady's blog...), be very patient and understanding with your preggo wives.

Time to prick the finger.  Which, by the way, I've started to master.  Now, if only I could learn to swallow pills with just water, I'd really be a grownup!  

No comments: