Monday, August 29, 2011

34 weeks!!

Brief recap of doc appt:
  • All looks good.
  • Doc thinks decent chance I'll make it to 36-37 weeks.  Told the hubby I'm likely to get REALLY cranky now...  We'll probably end up scheduling week 36-37 if we make it that far, which would be mid-September.
  • I don't need to time my contractions anymore, now he's only concerned about the big ones.  Yay!
  • But, I need to start pricking again, just to see what the GD is doing.  Boo.
  • We're definitely have a C-section.  But, doc says recovery is often not much worse than v*******.  Stairs are fine, picking up babies is fine (he said, don't go unload a beer truck, but you're not an invalid!), lots of the rumor mill no-nos are fine.  Of course, unless I want an excuse.
  • He did suggest as much help as possible the first month, particularly if we're going to try to breast feed (and he's speaking from his wife's experience with twins). Hint, hint...  :)
  • I'm also allowed to move around a little more, make myself lunch, refill my water, etc.  I may have already started doing that a little bit, and I'll tell you, it's not like I have a whole lot of energy to do much more than what I'm doing anyway, but I do feel a little less like a prisoner, even if it's just that slight mental change and not much actually changes in my life.
Home stretch!  Now I need to start preparing mentally for what's to come...

1 comment:

Kelly S said...

Woo-hoo! Glad things are looking good!