Wednesday, August 10, 2011

gratitude

I have to pause for a moment to say thank you to everyone.  Really, everyone.  I am in the middle of writing thank you notes and it occurred to me that although we're trying to be good about making sure everyone who sends us a material gift gets a thank you note, that falls incredibly short of all the people who should be getting thank you notes. 

It seems like everyone we know has showered us with love, prayers, words of encouragement, uplifting emails, visits, meals, gifts, phone calls.  I can't even tell you how much that has helped us during this adventure. 

I'm sure you've all heard it before (and probably most anyone who's reading this doesn't need to learn this since we seem to have the best friends and family in the world), but if you ever hear of someone who could use a little pick-me-up, don't wait to be asked, don't ask what to do, just do something.  Even if it's just an encouraging note.  It does make a difference.  And feel free to call me out if I don't do this in return.  I should have already learned this lesson...

Thank you thank you thank you.  For everything.  We are incredibly grateful.

No comments: